Floor jacks are lifting tools. They are used to lift heavy objects and vehicles off the ground. Generally, floor jacks for cars are used to lift vehicles off the ground for repairing or for maintenance of the vehicles. Floor jacks come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
What type of car jack should I buy?
You can buy the right floor jack according to your use and the weight you want to lift off from the ground. Floor jacks are also very important in lifting heavy objects and displacing them. But also they are widely used in the automobile industry.
Different types of car jacks.
In the automotive industry, the basic types of jacks that are used are the scissor jack, bottle jack, and the hydraulic jack. The first one is the most common floor jack and is generally provided by the manufacturer for minute repairs like punctures, changing oil, etc. The latter two-floor jacks are heavy-duty floor jacks. They are used in SUV or larger types of vehicles. They have huge power to lift heavy vehicles off the ground. The hydraulic floor jacks are the floor jacks best known for its reliability.
There are various brands and types of floor jack available in the market. You can choose according to your work and load type.
Here are the 9 best floor jacks which we have reviewed.
The Powerbuilt heavy duty jack is a three in one jack with a capacity of lifting 4000 lb. The brand Powerbuilt is known to deliver sturdy, innovative, and the most qualitative products to the automotive industry.
The USP of this floor jack lift is the removable lift saddle and padded lift rails. The jack has a locking safety bar to hold the position of the vehicle raised.
Hence you do not need additional support from jack stands or any other accessory to complete your work. This is an ideal floor jack for trucks or anything with wheels.
The Powerbuilt heavy duty triple lift jack is known to be used with any type of vehicle and provides excellent user safety.
- 3 in 1 design removes the use of any extra accessory like extension or stands
- Provides lifting range of 5 ¼ inches to 17 ¼ inches.
- Exceeds ASME and PALD standards
- Precision locking enable extra safety as once towered; the jack will keep its position intact
- The manual misses some specifics for working with the jack
- Precision locking takes some time to be unlocked so the jack consumes time to come down again.
- Once the jack starts to lower down it does so very quickly with a jerk
The Blackhawk fast lift service jack is a three and a half-ton lift jack with its unique feature of fast lifting the load to the jack point without load. The Blackhawk is constructed of heavy-duty steel which provides long term durability.
Its swivel saddle feature assures easy jack positioning. It is accommodated with the bypass device to prevent the jack from any damage caused by over-pumping. The internal safety valve, vent plug, and the swivel saddle all guarantee maximum user safety.
The Blackhawk fast lift service jack is a must in the garage for it is the sturdiest jack with ultimate user safety features.
- Heavy-duty jack with a 3.5-ton lift capacity
- Swivel saddle feature for best jack positioning
- Heavy steel construction promises durability
- The lifting range provided is 5.5 inches to 22 inches
- One-year warranty
- Floor jack wheels provide easy maneuverability
- Does not fit under a low-profile car
- Being heavy-duty it can be dragged or rolled around but cannot be picked up or carried around easily.
This jack floor kit is an ultimate combo for professional people and the people who love to do their own garage work, no matter how big or small. This combo includes 3 Ton Garage Jack, 3 Ton Jack Stand, and 300 lbs. detachable Creeper.
The jack supports 3 tons of weight and has a durable steel body. The stands also have 3 tons capacity each. The length of the creeper is 40 inches and has a capacity of 300 lbs. It has 6 casters to provide easy maneuverability.
The combo is the best deal and should be included in the garage. This jack combo is the best for the price it offers for the three things that are included.
- Provides main 3 parts of the floor jack system in one packet
- Wide base and hard steel body promises reliability
- Creeper has 6 wheels and 300 lbs. capacity makes it easy to work under cars and trucks.
- Best price combo
- The height for load lifting is very convenient.
- Need to compulsorily use the stands for support, the jack does not single-handedly take the weight of the load.
- Fixing 1 jack and 2 stands are time-consuming.
This multi-purpose Bestauto Pneumatic car jack is a heavy-duty air jack with a weight lifting capacity of 3 tons. It lifts weight in just 5 seconds. The thickened rubber and steel plate combination makes lifting more stable and safer resulting in precise lifting.
It is designed to inflate with compressed air. These jacks deliver the best result in installing pinch weld clamps on the frame machine.
It comes with a portable handle that provides ease of access and movement. The Bestauto Pneumatic car jack lifts the load while assuring complete sturdiness and safety.
- Easier to use than other heavy-duty floor jacks
- Thickened rubber and steel plates lift weights easily and safely
- The portable handle makes handling the jack really easy.
- Solid base works great on multiple surfaces
- Takes up more space than other floor jacks
- The portable handle is short for some cars, might need a floor jack extension handle.
- One needs to be extra careful when the balloon inflates to the maximum level
- Might need jack stands for extra work convenience.
This heavy-duty slide has the best anti-slip stands. They provide a height range of 19 inches to 47 inches. These stands are the best support for slide-out mechanisms. When your RV or heavy vehicle has to stand for long periods, these stands provide the best support.
They have a load capacity of 5000 lbs each. They have a feature of incremental lock positions with 14-inches of minute adjustments.
These support stands are a must-have for RVs and camping vans. Their wide base makes camping convenient and comfortable. The weight they support is incredible.
- Easy to install
- The base provides maximum sturdy support to the RVs
- Fits easily to the slide outs
- Provides maximum comfort and sturdiness for camping vans
- Have to be extra careful while removing from positions
- If your RV has 4 slide outs, you may need to buy one more pair for extra support.
This is the best ‘easy to use’ equipment for garage owners. The brand ‘Pro Lift’ is a household name in the US to provide the best hydraulic equipment. This low-profile jack has a range of lifting loads from 3 ½ to 14 inches and with 2 ton of capacity.
It has a patented bypass device to prevent the jack from being pumped excessively. The built-in safety valve protects from overloading the jack. The floor jack is known for its durability and rust resistance. This is the best buy if you consider floor jack vs trolley jack.
This is the best jack at the price given to do basic garage work. The heavy steel and safety features assure satisfying work conditions.
- Best floor jack at the cost that they provide
- The maximum height is best to work under vehicles
- Provides utmost user safety with a highly durable design
- Bypass device prevents from over pumping
- Extremely good packaging
- Cannot work underneath a vehicle using a crawler
- Very low profile can only do basic works beneath a vehicle
- The floor jack handle is short
- Cannot work with the bigger wrench as lifts vehicles to just 14 inches height
This sturdy and compact trolley jack comes with a compact easy-to-carry box. It is a heavy-duty car jack with 3000 lbs. Capacity and has wheels for easy maneuverability. The swivel casters provide ease of movement.
It has undergone all quality checks to provide reliable and comfortable working. The height range is 5.25” to 12”. It is a perfect jack for daily use and small repair works under the car.
The basic use of the jack is for residential use and small to medium range of vehicles. This hydraulic trolley jack car lift is an ideal replacement for the traditional scissor jack provided by the manufacturers.
It can be stored easily and is useful for basic repair works like fixing punctures, etc.
- Small compact design
- Easy to use for small garages and small cars
- Provides the required sturdiness and convenience to work
- Best replacement for scissor jacks
- Mold storage to store the jack conveniently
- Does not support more load
- Quality is mediocre and suitable for light motor vehicles
- Can be used only for basic repair works
- Small in size so cannot be depended on entirely for support
The Torin steel jack stand is the best support stand for your vehicle to have support when it is uplifted with a jack. The wide pyramid support provides adequate stable support. It has a lifting range of 11 ¼ inches to 16 ¾ inches with 3-ton load capacity.
The saw tooth design enables a lock system at whichever height the stand is positioned. The large saddle support is known to provide the best base for the load being supported. The dual-purpose handles are great to carry out the stands according to the work.
Torin Steel Jack stands pair are completely worth the buy for your DIY garage. They fit perfectly under the car and give ample space to carry out repair and maintenance works.
- Sawtooth design enables locking at the height in which the load is set.
- Large saddle support
- Exceeds ASME safety standards
- Lightweight design, easy to carry and displace
- Dual-purpose handle to carry and release saddle column
- Worth the price
- Not suitable to work under trucks
- The single lock does not provide the confidence to work
These hydraulic bottle jacks are great for residential and commercial purposes. They provide a lifting range of 8 ½ to 16 ¼ inches. They have the capacity of lifting 6 tons. The hard steel structure assures durability and its welding is of top-notch quality.
This assures no leaking in the hydraulics. The overload valve provided makes sure that there is no overloading, hence guaranteeing total safety. The pressure pump requires minimal effort to be lifted and used. These jacks have passed ASME PASE safety standards. The Torin Hydraulic Welded Bottle Jack’s compact design is great for residential and commercial use.
It guarantees the perfect height that you need to do major repairs under cars and trucks. It comes within a sturdy box wherein you can store it later.
- Provides generous lifting area and secure grip
- Bypass valve to prevent overloading
- Easy-grip handle to carry around
- A wide base provides stability
- The checkered piece provides an extension
- Torin’s quality promise
- The pressure needed to lift the jack is more compared to other bottle jacks
- Much effort is needed to get the jack back down
These are the best floor jacks in 2020. Though each one has its own pros and cons, there is one for every type of need. The brands are qualitative names in the hydraulic markets, and proper warranty and guarantee are provided for the jacks by the respective brands.
Before buying any of the jacks, firstly be clear about the works that you want your jack to perform and then go for the buy. And once you have purchased the floor jacks please make sure you read the manual thoroughly before using any of the jacks. A thorough study of the manuals will prevent accidents.