Dashboard cameras (also known as dashcams) are nifty cameras attached to the dashboard of your car to record videos. They have various uses, from recording an interview for your YouTube channel to providing you with security and peace of mind, they are a very useful piece of technology that can perform a lot of functions for you. For example, Dashcams have been proven to be especially useful if you ever get in an accident and need to make an insurance claim.
How to choose the best dashcam?
Whatever your reason for getting a dashcam, there are several things to note when selecting the one that is right for you. While price will often affect your decision, you must ensure that the dashcam that you choose can, at least, capture clear images under various conditions. There are some models that look ahead of your car and only start recording when a collision is detected. Some other models can act as assistance systems for the driver. Some even have further functionality to track your exact GPS location and call emergency services if your car gets in a crash, and you aren’t responding.
In this article, we’ll review the best dash cams that you can get in 2020. From this list, you’ll see the various features or functionalities each dashcam has, and you can select the one with functionalities that fits what you want.
Best dashcams list
The VAVA Dual Cabin Dashcamera comes with a 2K and a 1080p cabin dual dashcam to capture every detail of the road in perfect clarity. The front camera records with a resolution of 2560×1600 @30fps and the rear camera at [email protected]
The dashcam comes with a pair of industry-leading Sony sensors (IMX335 at the front, and IMX307 at the rear). It also has an F2.0 6-glass lens and 4 infrared LED is to take pictures and videos with HD clarity. This allows you to capture license plates in low light conditions or at night.
The Dashcam comes with a VAVA dedicated app for easy viewing, recording, and downloading of your recordings. You can also share the video on social media with the app.
The VAVA Dual Cabin Dash camera comes with a built-in GPS that calculates your vehicle’s location, speed driving route, and every other information necessary to make your journey smooth.
With a built-in 320mAh battery, the DashCam can stay on even when the car is parked and the engine is off, which allows it to function as a surveillance camera that will automatically record a 15 seconds video immediately detect any bumps or physical movement. In case of a collision or accident, the camera automatically locks the recorded video so that it can be used as evidence for insurance claims.
The VAVA Dual DashCam 1920x1080P FHD has dual cameras, with the front camera capturing the road at a wide-angle of 155° and the rear camera at an angle of 126°.
The videos are recorded at dual 1920x1080p @30fps or single front camera at [email protected] QHD video resolution. It also comes with dual Sony Sensors (IMX307 for the front and IMX323 for the rear) which improves capturing of video and images in low-light conditions, as well as allowing clear imaging in low-light environments. The combination of a 6-glass lens and F1.8 aperture helps in recording clear videos irrespective of the day or the night.
The dashcam and your phone can be connected via built-in wifi and with the VIVA Dash app, you can configure the dashcam, view and download saved videos to your smartphone, and share it on social media as you want. It functions as a surveillance camera when your car is parked and the engine is off by recording video automatically when any physical movement or bumps are detected.
With the built-in G-sensor, the camera will automatically start recording when a collision is detected and locks the video so that it can be used for insurance claims. The VAVA Dual DashCam 1920x1080P FHD has automatic loop recording, so that older unlocked videos are deleted to make space for new recordings.
- Dual cam with 1080p video for front and rear cameras
- Built-in G-Sensor detects collision and records footage for evidence
- Functions as a surveillance camera when the car is stationary and the engine is off.
- Superior night vision with Sony HDR Starvis Sensor
- Comes with 4 Infrared Lights
- No GPS receiver added
The APEMAN 1440P&1080P Dual Dashcam captures footage in ultra HD resolution, with QHD 2688 x [email protected]
The 1440p front and 1080p rear dual-lens allow you to capture the road in both directions simultaneously.
Also, it has a 170° wide viewing angle to monitor all directions and eliminating any blind zone. It also comes with a built-in G-sensor that detects collisions and automatically locks the current video, preventing it from being deleted or overwritten.
It also has a detailed user guide which makes it easy to install and use.
- Records the road in both directions in ultra-HD
- Comes with H.265 encoding which manages storage effectively.
- Has a G-Sensor that automatically activates when a collision is detected
- Does not have a built-in GPS
The Dashcam – GPS Dual Car Camera Uber Crosstour 1080P comes with a 1080p front and a 720p rear camera to capture clear videos.
It also features an advanced Sony sensor to capture stable and high-definition videos.
This dashcam is perfect for taxi or Uber drivers or any other person that wants to record the scenery and happy memories inside the car. It also has a built-in GPS system to record all driving information such as location, route, speed, etc. It also has 4 infrared lights for taking clearer pictures at night.
- Dual cameras record footage of both the road and the car occupants.
- Has 4 infrared lights for taking footage at night or in low-light conditions.
- Functions as a surveillance camera when the car is stationary and the engine is off.
- Comes with a built-in GPS system
- Needs a dedicated player to view the GPS data
The Anker Roav DashCam A1 records in 1080p full resolution and comes with a wide-angle lens to capture the full width of the road on full crystal clarity.
It also features advanced NightHawk technology, a cutting edge Sony Exmor sensor, and a unique Wide Dynamic Range video system to provide enhanced capture of videos and pictures even at night or in low-light conditions.
Videos are easy to manage as the dashcam can be connected via Wifi to the Roav DashCam app to view, configure, download, and share your recordings seamlessly.
The Gravity sensor detects all sudden movements such as car collisions and automatically turns on to record such incidents, even if your car is turned off.
- Records in full 1080p resolutions
- Contains a wide-angle lens to capture the full width of the road.
- Features NightHawk Technology to capture videos comfortably at night and even capture license plates.
- Powerful Sony Exmor sensor can detect collisions and hits and will automatically start recording to get the details of the incident.
- Does not contain GPS logging, so cannot tell your location or provide driving assistance
- Can’t live stream to your phone
The Crosstour Dual Dashcam Front and Rear FHD 1080P come with dual cameras for the front and the rear of the car. The front camera records at 1920x1080p and 170° and the rear at 1280x720p 120°. It is also has a G-Sensor that allows it to detect bumps and collisions.
The dashcam will detect external force and then activate to record 30 seconds of video which are then locked and can be used as evidence.
The Crosstour Dual Dashcam Front and Rear FHD 1080P come in a user-friendly design, making it easy to mount on your car and control. It is also completely waterproof and can be mounted outside your car.
- Dual camera records in HD quality and at a wide-angle to capture as much detail as possible.
- Has a G-sensor that automatically detects crashes, collisions, and bumps and records a video of the situation and locks it so it can’t be overwritten
- User-friendly and easy to install
- Does not support 1080p recording at the rear camera.
- Does not support a GPS system.
The Crosstour 1080P Car DVR Dashboard Camera FHD comes with a large LCD screen and records videos in 1080 FHD and 12 MP resolution. This makes the video clear enough to be used for insurance claims and preventing disputes and allows you to see the real-time image.
It also comes equipped with a big aperture and wide dynamic range (WDR), allowing you to get clearer footage at night. You can easily see car license plates even in low-light conditions, which is a great help.
The Crosstour 1080P Car DVR Dashboard Camera FHD also comes with a built-in G-sensor, which allows it to automatically get a collision or sudden shake. When detected, the camera locks the footage to prevent the video from being overwritten.
This dashcam comes with a 170° wide-angle lens that allows you to record the larger viewing angle. For instance, you can see four lanes of traffic at once, keeping you safer. The DashCam can easily be connected to a computer via a USB cable. This allows you to download the recorded videos onto your device and prevent it from being overwritten.
In conclusion, the Crosstour 1080P Car DVR Dashboard Camera FHD is a great addition to your car and will help keep you safe.
- Large LCD screen for easy viewing of footage.
- Records in clear 1080 FHD video with 12mp resolution.
- Comes with a G-sensor that detects collisions and locks the footage to prevent it from being overwritten
- Comes with a 170° degree wide-angle lens to record a larger area.
- Does not come with in-built storage.
- G-sensor can be too sensitive and lock footage, especially on bad roads.
This is our list of the best dashcams in available on the market today. They come in various shapes and with different features. Ensure that you choose the one that best fits your needs. Thankfully, this list is comprehensive enough.